Houston, we have a burger...list.

I know about a million people have done 'burger tours' or the 'best burger of...' and I really don't like jumping on bandwagons.
However, I DO really love eating burgers.

So, after taking some input from the friendly friends - I've sorted out a list of burger places I want to try (or try again, as the case may be). Many of these places I haven't even heard of until I started researching it, so if my taste trail of burgerness only results in some of the friends finding new haunts then so be it.


First-
Creating this list while attempting to stay at a halfway normal weight during restaurant week is simply torture…I’ve been trying to eat healthy to compensate for my binging at the five places we’re trying between Aug 4-Aug 19 and looking at all the yummy burger photos have made me crave some serious grease and cheese… ah no matter, the things I do for food.

Second-
There’s never a really objective way to judge food in my mind. Everyone likes different things and my ‘best of the best’ will likely be someone’s ‘worst of the worst’…hopefully, I’ll be able to lay it out in such a way that you can make your own mind up. Or, in the alternative- you’ll be happy to join me at the next stop and decide for yourself!

And finally- (drum roll….)
The list of places…in no particular order.

1. Hubcap Burger Grill
2. Sparkle’s
3. Lankford Grocery
4. Christian’s Tailgate
5. Five guys
6. BRC
7. Goode Company
8. Speedy’s
9. Petrol Station
10. Little Bitty Burger Barn
11. Bellaire broiler burger
12. Watson’s – w/ Adam
13. Champ Burger
14. Max’s wine dive
15. Bubba’s Texas Burger Shack
16. Cliff’s grill
17. Pappy’s café
18. Hefley’s
19. District 7
20. Crave
21. Sam’s Deli
22. Guy’s meat market – BBQ burger
23. Wunsche Brothers Cafe & Saloon
24. Perry & Sons Market & Grill
25. Mockingbird Bistro
26. Terlingua Texas Border Café
27. Laurenzo’s – Dom Burger
28. Tostada Regia
29. Roznofsky's
30. Catalon


I’m going to try to visit a new locale about once every two weeks… keeping close records on flavor, presentation, the place itself (is it clean, comfortable or worth it b/c of the burger). At some point I may have gorged myself on enough meat and begin to rank them…but for now- the goal is see what all the hype is about Houston’s burger scene.

(below is a burger that is NOT on the list)

Popular posts from this blog

a date night burger

my gut runneth over

Christmas in March?