the start

Before I plunge off into the true purpose of this blog and to get a sense of what I’m about, I thought it was time to give a little background…

I am constantly amazed by the state of this nation. I think the majority of my peers have been in a sort of stupor. We were raised to believe in God, mom and apple pie. The US was the greatest nation in the world and regardless of who was in office; I seriously doubt anyone had any worries that we wouldn’t remain that way long into the future. Our parents took part in various ways in what went on in the 70’s and while there was always something to protest or complain about, I don’t know how serious anyone took it. America was simply the best. It was never even a question in my mind.

There were times I’m sure we were concerned: 9/11 shook everyone to their core and I remember being at college and being so proud to be an American. Everyone rallied around and came together the likes of which I could never have imagined. We suffered a great tragedy but in the American spirit, we took our licks got up and pressed on to be better than before. Americans don’t believe in handouts and we knew it was going to be a tough road to recover, but we did.

But since that time, I feel there’s been a shift. It was imperceptible at first, just a slight skew on the norm. It became increasingly acceptable to be supported by the government, to take handouts rather than do a hard days’ work. There was a shift away from physical labor that began a long time ago but that has translated to an increased separation between those that are willing to do manual labor and those that want the white collar jobs. The population has become fascinated with getting something for nothing. And in turn, all these slight changes have resulted in a large impact. We are faced with a nation that has doesn’t seem to understand accountability. Decisions have no consequences. There will always be someone to bail you out. In the search for freebies, a nation promised pie in the sky dreams, has elected a president that has no real connection to the people he is in office to serve. His goals are not the goals of the majority of the populace; he is actively forcing his agenda on an increasingly vocal American public.

Is it to late? Have we walked to far off the path and reached the tipping point? I see the increase in earthquakes and other physical disasters as signs that something larger than us is coming. There will be an accounting for everything that has transpired and I wonder if we have time to swing things back for good in this country. It’s a valid question.

Popular posts from this blog

a date night burger

my gut runneth over

more of miss SJL